Barbecue Chicken Pizza
A twist on our classic Barbecue Chicken and fun way to get everyone together for a weeknight meal.
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 12-inch prepared pizza crust
1 1/2 cups shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Season chicken with salt.
3. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix barbecue sauce and honey.
5. Dice chicken and place in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of barbecue mixture with the chicken. Set aside.
6. Place pizza crust on a sheet pan or pizza stone. Brush with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Spread the remaining barbecue sauce mixture evenly on top of the crust. Top the sauce with Mozzarella cheese, diced chicken and pineapple tidbits.
7. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Then, broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is a golden brown.