Barbecue Chicken Wings
Great flavors, lemon, pepper and the oregano from the greek seasoning go great with chicken. Add a few ingredients to pump up the flavor of store-bought barbecue sauce. Great recipe when you don’t want to fire up the grill!
12 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Wings, cut into thirds at the joints, wing tips removed and saved for stock
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine salt, lemon pepper seasoning and Greek seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Coat the rack with vegetable spray.
4. Place the wings on the rack and season the chicken with the seasoning mixture, coating both sides.
5. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Combine the barbecue sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. After the chicken has cooked for 25 minutes, remove from oven and coat the chicken with the barbecue sauce mixture.
7. Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180°F.