Buffalo Chicken Sub
The Buffalo Chicken Sub has a great flavor and texture, and is an excellent substitute for Buffalo Wings. Good to eat while watching sports and tailgating!
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup sliced, quartered cucumbers
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup ranch dressing
4 sub buns, split
1½ tablespoons melted butter
1 cup red leaf lettuce leaves, torn into small pieces
4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a sealable, plastic bag, mix salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and flour. Add chicken tenders and toss to coat.
3. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken tenders and cook, turning over a few times through cooking, 10 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from heat.
4. Drizzle pepper sauce over chicken and toss to coat. Cut each chicken tender in half crosswise. Set aside.
5. In small bowl, mix onion, cucumber, celery and ranch dressing.
6. Brush cut sides of buns with melted butter and toast in preheated oven.
7. On each bun bottom, place torn lettuce leaves, four cooked chicken pieces side by side, and onion-cucumber mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover with bun top and serve.