Cheesy Chicken Spread
Want to liven up the party? This Cheesy Chicken Spread recipe is sure to add new flavor and new fans to your get-together. Start with skinless chicken breast fillets; then add cream cheese, lemon juice, seasonings and chopped walnuts. Serve with low-sodium crackers of your choice.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
1 green onion, sliced
1 cup walnut pieces, chopped small
low sodium crackers (optional)
1. Heat oil over medium heat in 12–inch skillet.
2. Season chicken with black pepper.
3. Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook 5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and dice into ¼” to ½” bite–size pieces.
4. Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, basil, oregano, thyme, pimentos, green onion and cooked chicken in a medium bowl until well blended.
5. Place cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a log shape. Cover with the plastic wrap, place on a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Spread chopped walnuts on a tray, place cheese log on walnuts and roll it to cover thoroughly with walnuts.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
8. Serve with crackers. *Refrigerate 3 Hours