Chicken and Broccoli Salad with Rice Noodles
Introducing a flavorful Asian take on the classic pairing of chicken and broccoli. Quick and easy to prepare, it’s also low in fat and calories, as well as a great source of protein.
1 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Breast, sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets and diced into bite sized pieces
1 Tablespoon olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups broccoli slaw
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
4 ounces dry rice noodles, broken in half
½ cup Asian salad dressing
1. In a 3-quart saucepot, bring to a boil 1 quart of water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add noodles and cook for 6 minutes. Drain cooked noodles. Rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
3. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
4. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature reaches 165°F. Turn off heat.
5. In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, red cabbage, bell pepper strips, cilantro, noodles, chicken and dressing. Toss to evenly coat ingredients.
6. Chill and serve.