Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
Our popular Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff is delicious and simple, and cooks in just over 30 minutes. Start by stirring in onions and mushrooms and flavor with enriched chicken broth.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup diced onion
8-ounces mushrooms, quartered
1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
2 Tablespoons prepared coarse-grain mustard
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
4 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
2. In 12-inch non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
3. Place flour in a shallow pan; add chicken and turn to coat well. Reserve 2 Tablespoons flour.
4. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
5. Stir in onions and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
6. Add reserved 2 Tablespoons flour. Cook 2 minutes.
7. In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard. Pour mixture into skillet and stir. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Return chicken and its drippings to skillet. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes.
9. Serve over egg noodles.