Want a nutritious option for lunch or dinner? Ready in 30 minutes, this traditional minestrone recipe includes Italian vegetables, pasta shells, tomatoes, kale leaves and chickpeas. Hearty and tasty altogether.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets and diced into bite sized pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (12-ounce) bag Italian frozen vegetables
½ teaspoon minced garlic
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup uncooked mini pasta shells
1 (15.5-ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 cups 1" diced kale leaves
shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil in a 5-quart stockpot over high heat.
2. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Add chicken to stockpot and cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
4. Add vegetables, garlic, broth, tomatoes, pasta, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Simmer soup, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Add chick peas and kale. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into bowls, top with Parmesan cheese and serve.