Chicken and Waffle Sliders
Sanderson Farms Chicken and Waffle Sliders Recipe makes 20 sliders and takes less than 45 minutes to prepare. These sliders are the perfect kid-friendly breakfast treat the whole family will love! Enjoy with maple syrup or your favorite dipping sauce.
14 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders , cut in half diagonally
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups vegetable oil
56 mini waffles
1 ½ cups maple syrup for dipping
1. Mix the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt in a bowl.
2. Place chicken and buttermilk in a sealable plastic bag and toss tenders to coat.
3. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining seasoning salt, and black pepper.
5. In a 12” x 2” deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
6. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
7. Fry chicken tenders in three batches for 2 minutes on each side. The tenders should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Heat waffles according to package directions.
9. Place one tender between two mini waffles.
10. Serve with maple syrup.
To Prepare with an Air Fryer
1. Heat Air Fryer to 375°F.
2. Substitute 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
3. After coating the buttermilk marinated chicken with the flour/bread crumb mixture, place in the air fryer basket without overlapping and spray each chicken tender with vegetable spray.
4. Cook for 4 minutes, flip the chicken and spray the other side with vegetable oil. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
5. Continue to cook the chicken in batches. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.