Grilled Chicken Sliders
These little sandwiches with big flavor will fit in the palm of anyone’s hand, so they’re perfect for any party. Great appetizer for any occasion and you can have fun with the toppings and customize to make it your own. Good source of vitamins A and C.
12 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenderloins
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
12 small 2½" x 2½" rolls, sliced
12 tablespoons prepared pesto, divided
12 tablespoons roasted, diced red bell peppers, drained and divided
12 slices provolone cheese, each sliced in half
1. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and black pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place tenders in a sealable plastic bag, add marinade mixture and mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Coat grill pan with vegetable spray and heat over medium-high heat.
4. Grill chicken tenders 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Cut cooked chicken tenders in half.
6. To assemble chicken sliders: spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on the top and bottom of roll spoon 1 tablespoon of roasted peppers to bottom roll place ½ slice provolone cheese, top with two chicken tender halves and top with another 1/2 slice of provolone cheese cover with roll top and serve.