Chicken Pesto Pasta
A quick and delicious comfort meal with easy clean up.
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
8 ounces dry farfalle pasta
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (6-ounce) jar of sun dried tomato pesto
1½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend
1 (10-ounce) bag baby spinach, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
2. To the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), add chicken broth, pasta, basil and chicken.
3. Place inner pot in cooker base and secure lid on top. Turn steam release handle to the “sealing” position.
4. Use the “pressure cook” function and set for 6 minutes.
5. Once timer ends, turn the steam release handle to “venting” to release the pressure. After pressure is released, remove the lid. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from pot, cover and set aside.
6. Use the “sauté” function and set timer for 7 minutes. Add heavy cream, pesto and shredded cheese to pot. Stir to melt cheese. Once cheese has melted, add handfuls of spinach and stir into sauce. Stir until spinach is wilted.
7. Place pasta on a plate and top with chicken.
8. TIP: Looking for a low carb replacement to pasta? Try zucchini noodles!