Make it Mexican tonight with this chicken burrito recipe made right at home. Add taco seasoning to liven up your chicken, salsa, rice and black beans – delicious!
1 Tablespoon mild taco seasoning mix
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup cooked white rice
1/2 cup salsa
Heat skillet over medium heat. Place burritos on skillet on flat sides. Lightly brown; then, turn them over to the other flat side to brown. Remove from heat.
Slice burritos in half and serve.
1. Season chicken with taco seasoning.
2. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning over a few times through cooking, 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and dice into bite size pieces. Wipe skillet clean.
3. In a small bowl, gently mix the cooked white rice, salsa and black beans. Set aside.
4. Heat a flour tortilla in the skillet according to the package directions. Remove tortilla from skillet and place on a flat surface.
5. To assemble a burrito, layer the warm tortilla with 3 Tablespoons of cheese, 1/3 cup rice mixture, 1/3 cup cooked and diced chicken and 3 more Tablespoons of cheese. Fold one end of the tortilla over the filling, tucking the sides and rolling it to form a burrito. Repeat with the remaining 3 flour tortillas.
6. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place burritos on skillet on flat sides. Lightly brown; then, turn them over to the other flat side to brown. Remove from heat.
7. Slice burritos in half and serve.