Elevate your coleslaw to a whole new level with the flavor of shredded chicken tenderloins. Sesame seeds and broken ramen noodles give this dish its crunch. Then just chill and eat.
6 Tablespoons sesame seed oil, divided
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup sliced green onions
1 (3-ounce) package chicken flavor ramen noodles, broken into small pieces
1 (2.25-ounce) package slivered almonds
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
1 cup chopped red cabbage
½ cup red wine vinaigrette dressing
1. Mix 3 Tablespoons of sesame seed oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Add chicken tenders and toss to coat.
2. Spray a 12-inch skillet with vegetable spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken tenders 4 minutes per side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet, cool and shred into bite-size pieces.
4. In the same skillet, heat 3 Tablespoons of sesame seed oil. Add green onions, noodles and almonds. Sauté for 1 minute. Add sesame seeds and cook for an additional minute. Cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix with cabbage. Add cooked chicken, green onion mixture and dressing. Toss to coat.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.