Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
Enjoy a delicious sandwich with a French flair. Great for a weeknight or any night!
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets , sliced in half horizontally to create 4 fillets, then cut each fillet at an angle to create 2 fillets for a total of 8 fillets
3 teaspoons seasoning salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
30 saltine crackers, crushed
3 Tablespoons potato flakes
6 cups vegetable oil
4 (5-inch) po boy buns
3 Tablespoons honey mustard
8 slices of Swiss cheese
4 slices of Black Forest ham
1. In a large bowl mix eggs, 1 teaspoon seasoning salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, crackers, potato flakes, 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
3. Place oil in a large Dutch oven and heat to 325°F.
4. Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten the thick end of the fillets to ½-inch thickness.
5. Dip chicken in the egg mixture and coat with the seasoned flour mixture. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
6. Fry chicken in two batches for 3 minutes on each side. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside.
7. Heat oven to broil.
8. Place opened buns on a baking sheet. Spread mustard on both sides and top each side with a slice of cheese. Place ham on the bottom bun and broil for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
9. Remove from the oven and place chicken on top of ham and top with bun. Serve.
10. TIP: Don't have a mallet to flatten your chicken? Try a rolling pin!