There's some big flavor packed in this little appetizer. With creamy goat cheese on toasted rounds, topped with herb chicken and mushrooms, it's sure to be a hit at your next party.
4 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders , 1/8 sliced crosswise
1 (16 ounce) French baguette sliced into 30 1/2-inch slices
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups 1/2-inch diced baby bella mushrooms with stems removed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme, divided
1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
2/3 cup goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bread slices on prepared baking sheet. Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake 20 minutes.
2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of thyme and garlic. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Place chicken mixture in a mixing bowl, draining any accumulated juices.
4. Add roasted bell peppers to chicken mixture. Mix.
5. Spread about a teaspoon of goat cheese on each crostini. Top each with chicken and mushroom mixture, pressing it down lightly, and sprinkle each with the remaining chopped thyme.
6. TIP: Don’t buy the stuff in a jar, roast your own bell peppers.