Chicken Fajita Bowl
Proof that everything tastes better in a bowl. A colorful, hearty dish that’s perfect for a weeknight meal.
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups frozen onion and bell pepper blend
1 (11-ounce) can yellow corn
¾ cup salsa
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into ½” dice
1. In a bowl, mix the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Set aside. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Toss the strips with the seasoning.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive to a 12-inch skillet. Heat to medium-high. Add chicken to the skillet. Cook for 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet. Add onion and pepper blend. Over medium-high heat cook for 4 minutes. Add yellow corn to skillet, cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix salsa with brown rice.
5. To prepare four bowls, divide rice evenly among the bowls and top each with corn, onion and peppers and avocado. Place chicken strips on top.