Put a delicious Middle Eastern recipe on the table, anytime of the year. Start with the savory yogurt marinade, cook on the grill and serve up on pita bread.
1 (6-ounce) carton Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1½ teaspoons chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon chicken shawarma seasoning blend
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Cut chicken thighs into portions that are about 1½ x 2 inches.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shawarma seasoning blend, salt, allspice and paprika. Add chicken, coating well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Thread chicken onto metal skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill. Brush grill grate with oil.
5. Grill chicken over medium heat for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F.