Recharge your taste buds with this on-skillet meal – perfect for breakfast, brunch or even parties. Mix colorful bell peppers, whipping cream and lightly beaten eggs. Then pour on top of cooked veggies and chicken, top with cheese and bake.
Delicious is hard to resist!
Tip: Break out your muffin pans for a more festive, individual-sized frittata treat.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillet, sliced in half horizontally to create two fillets
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper, slices ¼" x ½"
1/2 cup sliced yellow bell pepper, slices ¼" x ½"
1/2 cup sliced orange bell pepper, slices ¼" x ½"
1 garlic clove, minced
10 large eggs
1 Tablespoon whipping cream
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and paprika in a small bowl. Season chicken.
3. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, red pepper, yellow pepper and orange pepper. Cook 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Remove vegetable mixture from skillet and set aside.
5. Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in the same skillet. Add chicken breast fillets. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into ½" bite size pieces.
6. In a large bowl, mix eggs, whipping cream, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and chopped basil.
7. Heat the same skillet over medium heat. Return vegetable mixture and cooked chicken to skillet. Spread evenly on skillet.
8. Pour egg mixture evenly on top of vegetable and chicken mixture. Spread cheese on top. Cook until egg edges set slightly. Turn heat off. Place skillet in preheated 350°F oven. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until top is light golden brown, eggs are firm and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
9. Slice in wedges and serve with salad on the side. Recommended for breakfast or brunch. Can be served hot or at room temperature. Reheats well.