It's hard to do better than a perfectly cooked chicken breast, but this rich and savory mushroom and wine sauce takes chicken to the next level. Serve with egg noodles, or try mashed potatoes for something different.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create six chicken breast fillets
1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
7 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups dry Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
6 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and lightly coat it with flour.
2. Place 4 Tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet and heat on medium high heat.
3. Cook chicken in two batches, 4 minutes on each side. Add 3 Tablespoons olive oil to skillet between batches. Chicken will be golden brown in color and should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Remove oil from skillet.
5. In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the mushrooms, stir once and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Do not stir again until the mushrooms start to release their liquid.
7. Add the Marsala wine and chicken broth. Cook for about 5 minutes to reduce by half.
8. Slowly stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and simmer to thicken the sauce.
9. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and simmer 5 minutes.
10. Serve with cooked egg noodles.