It's hard to do better than a perfectly cooked chicken breast, but this rich and savory mushroom and wine sauce takes chicken to the next level. Serve with egg noodles, or try mashed potatoes for something different.
3 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create six chicken breast fillets
1½ cups all-purpose flour
7 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1½ cups dry Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
kosher salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes
1. Lightly coat the chicken with flour.
2. Place 4 Tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet and heat on medium high heat.
3. Cook chicken in two batches, 4 minutes on each side, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Add 3 Tablespoons olive oil to skillet between batches. Chicken will be golden brown in color and should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter. Add the onions and garlic. As it is cooking, season with salt and black pepper. Sauté vegetables until soft, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the mushrooms, stir once and season with salt and black pepper. Do not stir again until the mushrooms start to release their liquid.
7. Add the Marsala wine and chicken broth. Cook for about 5 minutes to reduce by half.
8. Slowly stir in the remaining Tablespoon of butter and simmer to thicken the sauce.
9. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and simmer 5 minutes.
10. Serve with cooked egg noodles or with mashed potatoes.