Chicken Pot Pies
An American classic, Chicken Pot Pies have been a household favorite for years. This Sanderson Farms recipe will allow you to relax as the ingredients simmer. The meal makes two individual sized pies.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillet, diced into ½" pieces
1 refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1⅔ cups chicken broth
1½ teaspoons corn starch
1½ Tablespoons unsalted butter
1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Unroll pie crust and cut out two pastry rounds to fit top of two 2-cup baking dishes.
3. Place crusts on baking sheet. Pierce with fork. Bake until golden, about 9 minutes.
4. Season chicken with salt and black pepper and coat with flour.
5. Mix a small amount of chicken broth with corn starch in a small bowl.
6. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and any remaining flour. Brown 5 minutes.
7. Stir in chicken broth, broth and corn starch mixture and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook, covered, 8 minutes.
8. Spoon filling into two 2-cup baking dishes.
9. Top with pie crusts.