Looking for a tasty spin on traditional spaghetti? Try this chicken, cheddar cheese and spaghetti dish – the perfect blend of creamy and spicy. Serve it up with French bread and a salad of your choice.
4 Sanderson Farms® Split Chicken Breasts
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 yellow onion, 1" diced
5 quarts water
1 (12-ounce) package spaghetti noodles
1 pound pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
1½ teaspoons salt
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 (7.0-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place chicken breasts in an 8-quart stockpot. Add 3 teaspoons salt, black pepper, yellow onion and water.
2. Bring temperature up to a simmer and cook 40 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Remove chicken from broth reserving the broth. Pull chicken skin and bones off and discard. Pull chicken meat into bite size pieces. Set aside.
5. Bring broth temperature up to a boil. Break spaghetti noodles in half and add to stockpot. Cook 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain spaghetti noodles reserving 1½ cups of broth.
6. Return spaghetti noodles to stockpot. Add the cooked chicken, cheese product, 1½ teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and the 1½ cups reserved broth. Heat to melt cheese, stirring constantly.
7. Spray a 4.8-quart baking dish with oil. Spread spaghetti mixture on baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
8. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.