Chicken Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Fresh red bell peppers stuffed with shredded chicken breast fillets cooked to perfection, roasted bell pepper, cream cheese, Parmesan and Italian seasonings. Bake it with extra Parmesan for a dinner that’s full of color, and full of flavor.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
¼ teaspoon salt, divided
2 red bell peppers, each cut in half lengthwise, cores removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, ¼” diced
¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Season chicken with ¼ teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. Pour water in a 5-quart pot. Bring to a boil. Add red bell peppers. Bring down to a simmer and cook 3 minutes. Remove red bell peppers from water and set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet, shred it, and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, roasted red bell peppers, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and the shredded chicken.
6. Stuff each red bell pepper with the cream cheese and chicken mixture. Place red bell peppers cut sides up in a 2-quart square baking pan sprayed with vegetable oil. Top each with 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated 400°F oven 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.