Make it a fiesta tonight with chicken tacos made right at home. Start with skinless chicken thigh meat, add spices and veggies, and serve on heated tortillas – muy delicioso!
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, thinly sliced
1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon or more to taste fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 cups thinly sliced red onion
12 corn tortillas
4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Season chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add red bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes.
4. Add onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
5. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to skillet. Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. Return the vegetables to the skillet. Stir.
7. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
8. Spoon chicken mixture over heated tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice.