Make it a fiesta tonight with chicken tacos made right at home. Start with skinless chicken thigh meat, add spices and veggies, and serve on heated tortillas – muy delicioso!
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, thinly sliced
1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon or more to taste fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 cups thinly sliced red onion
12 corn tortillas
4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
#MAKEITZING SALSA INGREDIENTS
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ large white onion, chopped
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add red bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes.
4. Add onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
5. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to skillet. Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. Return the vegetables to the skillet. Stir.
7. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
8. Spoon chicken mixture over heated tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice.
to #makeitzing dan lopez's way
1. Season chicken with chili powder, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
2. Grill chicken over direct heat until an internal temperature of 165°.
3. In a pan, sauté onions and bell peppers in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 5–6 minutes.
4. Slice chicken and combine with bell peppers and onions.
5. Heat corn tortillas, lay down chicken, onion, bell pepper mixture, and top with chopped cilantro.
6. Char vegetables on a grill-safe pan using 1 tablespoon olive oil.
7. Once charred, add vegetables to a blender along with a handful of cilantro, water, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and blend until smooth.
8. Add salsa to the taco to #MakeItZing.