Looking for the perfect bite-sized treat for your next party? The flaky puff pastry, combined with seasoned chicken and vegetables makes a picture-perfect appetizer that is sure to impress all of your friends.
1 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillet , sliced in half horizontally to create two chicken breast fillets, each diced into 1/2" pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup diced yellow onion, 1/4"
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4"
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup thawed, drained chopped spinach
1 teaspoon fresh, chopped garlic
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
1 (17.3-ounce) box puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion, red bell pepper, salt, and spinach to skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
4. Place chicken mixture in a mixing bowl. Add pine nuts.
5. Cool mixture slightly. Add yogurt. Mix well.
6. Spread puff pastry sheets on a cutting board. Cut each pastry sheet into nine 3-inch squares. Place the squares on the prepared baking sheets.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water together. Brush the edges with the egg wash.
8. Place about 1 tablespoon of chicken filling in the center of each square.
9. Bake the chicken tarts 15 minutes, turning the baking sheet half way through baking, or until they have puffed and the edges are golden brown.
10. TIP: Looking for a festive appetizer to bring to a party? Use holiday themed cookie cutters.