Corn Flake Chicken Dippers
This recipe featuring a crispy layer of corn flakes will be a hit for any get-together.
1 cup milk
8 cups corn flake cereal
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
vegetable cooking spray
honey mustard dipping sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs to make an egg wash.
3. Place corn flake cereal in a sealable bag, add seasoned salt, seal bag, mix and crush cereal with a rolling pin.
4. Thread each chicken tender lengthwise onto a skewer. The wide end of the tender should be at the top.
5. To set up breading station, place flour, egg wash and corn flake crumbs each in a shallow pan.
6. Holding the skewer, dredge each chicken tender in the flour, followed by the egg wash and then into the corn flake crumbs, making sure the tender is fully coated.
7. Place a wire baking rack onto a metal sheet pan. Spray with vegetable oil. Place chicken tenders on the rack and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.