Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Pineapple Sriracha Glaze
Bring the flavor of Hawaii to your table tonight with this quick and easy recipe for grilled chicken drumsticks with a sweet and spicy glaze.
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
⅓ cup pineapple preserves
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1. To season drumsticks, pull skin back and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt. Place skin back over the drumsticks. Coat with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
2. To make the glaze, combine pineapple preserves, pineapple juice, Sriracha sauce and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until glaze is smooth. Pour glaze into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and cool.
3. Heat grill to medium-high. If using charcoal, make sure the coals are placed so there is a cool side of the grill.
4. Place chicken on the grill. Grill for 6 minutes or until you have a good sear on all sides. Lower heat to medium, or if using charcoal, move the chicken to the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove cover, turn drumsticks and cover again. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. Drumsticks should be 180°F or until the juices run clear.
6. Brush glaze onto chicken before removing from the grill.