Grilled Yucatan Chicken Skewers
Looking for a new dinner favorite? This dish is perfect for the summer time, grilling time, or any time you're looking for flavor. Check out our other grilling favorites in our "Backyard Bash" series by Kevin Rathbun/Atlanta Eats.
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets , cut in half lengthwise
½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2 Tablespoons canola oil
2 Tablespoons ancho Chile powder
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 Tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce, pureed
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Chopped scallions, for garnish
Grilled lime halves, for garnish
24 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 3 to 4 hours
1. Skewer each half chicken thigh with 2 skewers so that they lay flat. Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish.
2. Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, oil, chili powder, and garlic. Pour over the thighs and marinate in the refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
3. Prepare a grill to high heat.
4. Remove the thighs from the marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Place the thighs on grill and cook until each side becomes golden brown and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side. Turn, cover the grill and cook for another few minutes until tender.
6. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes. Cut the thighs directly down the center creating 2 skewers.
7. Remove the chicken from the skewers and serve garnished with scallions and lime wedges.