Hoisin Glazed Roast Chicken
When planning a dinner party, keep in mind that roasted chicken is a fool-proof key to a successful soiree. We’re giving you the road map to create tender chicken with notes of Asian flavors enhanced by garlic and cilantro.
1 Sanderson Farms® Whole Frying Chicken, remove giblets
1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled
½ medium onion, peeled
4 cloves of garlic
¼ cup cilantro
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
¼ cup Hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon water
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix water and Hoisin sauce together and set aside.
3. Place chicken in 9x13 baking pan.
4. Place ginger, onion, garlic, cilantro, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to blend ingredients and place into chicken cavity.
5. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Tie the drumsticks together with kitchen twine.
6. Roast chicken for 1 ½ hours until the internal temperature reaches 170°F in the breast and 180°F in the thigh or until the juices run clear.
7. Remove from oven and brush Hoisin mixture onto the chicken. Return to oven for 10 minutes to set glaze.
8. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes.
9. Scrape the pan drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup or fat separator, pour fat off, and then pour the juices into a bowl.
10. Carve chicken, ladle pan juices over carved chicken pieces and serve.