Lemon Honey Chicken
Put some fun on your table with the citrusy sweet flavors of roasted thighs and drumsticks. Mix together honey, lemon juice, butter and chopped rosemary, coat chicken and pop in the oven – fun and tasty for everyone.
6 thighs and 6 drumsticks from the Sanderson Farms® Drumsticks & Thighs Combo Pack
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅔ cup honey
⅓ cup lemon juice
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
4 to 5 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together honey, lemon juice, butter and chopped rosemary.
4. Place chicken, skin side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Place sprigs of rosemary around the chicken.
5. Using a pastry brush, coat chicken with the lemon honey glaze.
6. Roast in a 375°F oven for 30 minutes, basting again after 15 minutes. Turn chicken over, skin side up, and roast an additional 30 minutes, basting again after 15 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180°F or until the juices run clear.