Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Rosemary
Great for a weeknight meal and easy to cook. Adding herbs gives this chicken dish a delicious flavor.
3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
3 teaspoons chopped garlic, divided
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix 2 1/2 teaspoons of rosemary, 2 teaspoons of garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl.
3. Spread the herb mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a 12-inch ovenproof skillet and heat to medium-high.
5. Place thighs, skin side down, into the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer skillet to oven for 20 minutes. The chicken is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 180ºF or until the juices run clear.
7. Remove skillet from oven and transfer chicken, skin side up, onto a platter.
8. Remove chicken fat from skillet and place skillet on stovetop.
9. Add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of garlic to skillet. Cook for two minutes over medium high heat.
10. Add chicken broth to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. To serve, ladle sauce and tomatoes over chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and crumbled goat cheese on top of chicken.