Oven Fried Chicken Wings
Need a game day platter that is easy to make, but also tastes delicious? Try this recipe that uses simple pantry ingredients to create a yummy, fried taste in the oven!
12 Sanderson Farms® Family Pack Chicken Wings, cut into thirds at the joints, wing tips removed and saved for stock
1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack on top and coat with vegetable spray.
4. Brush wings with olive oil, then, roll in seasoned bread crumbs.
5. Place wings on rack and cook for 30 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 190°F or until the juices run clear.
To prepare with an air fryer
1. Heat Air Fryer to 400°F.
2. After rolling the chicken wings in the seasoned bread crumbs, spray air fryer rack with vegetable spray and place 12 chicken wings in the air fryer basket without overlapping.
3. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Continue to cook the remaining 12 chicken wings in a second batch.
5. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180°F.