Panang Curry Braised Chicken
Mixing curry paste, coconut milk and ginger with our delicious chicken thighs creates the perfect meal. Both exotic and comforting, this dish is perfect for a dinner party or eating with family and friends.
- 8 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- For the Panang Curry:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons panang curry paste
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Over medium heat, add peanut oil to a small saucepot. Add ginger, garlic and red bell pepper. Sweat carefully, not to brown, for approximately 3 minutes or until peppers are tender. Add curry paste and simmer for 2 minutes. Add sugar, coconut milk, heavy cream and lime juice. Bring to a boil, slow to a simmer and simmer for 12 minutes. Transfer to a blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt.
- Transfer panang curry sauce to a straight-sided sauté pan. Reserve.
- Heat the green egg to 450°F. Season the chicken thighs with salt and oil. Char both sides of the chicken thighs for color. When chicken is almost done, transfer to the panang curry sauce and place pot on the green egg. Braise chicken for 15 minutes. Chicken is cooked when it reaches and internal temperature of 165°F. Remove and serve with steamed jasmine rice.