Southwest Chicken Stew
This traditional chili substitutes chicken for beef in a healthier alternative to the classic. It only takes one pot to cook, and goes from start to finish in just over 45 minutes.
6 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into ½" x 1" pieces
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) jar mild salsa
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (8.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
3 cups chicken broth
2 (15.5-ounce) cans light red kidney beans, drained
1. Heat vegetable oil in 6-quart stockpot over medium high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes.
3. Add onions and cook 4 minutes.
4. Add salt, salsa, green chilies, taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, corn and chicken broth. Bring up to a simmer. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Add light red kidney beans. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.