Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Wings
Can’t take the heat? Serve ‘em sweet. A fresh alternative to traditional hot wings that’ll leave you coming back for more.
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a metal sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with vegetable spray. Set aside.
3. Season wings with salt and black pepper.
4. Place wings on rack and place pan in oven and cook for 35 minutes.
5. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn heat off and set aside.
6. After the wings have cooked for 35 minutes, remove from oven and brush wings with sauce, coating both sides. Turn wings over and cook an additional 15 minutes, turning and brushing with additional sauce after 8 minutes.
7. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180°F or until juices run clear.