Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you are looking for a new twist on a sandwich for your family, Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Sanderson Farms are ideal. They are quick to whip up and budget-friendly.
2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, sliced in half horizontally to create four chicken breast fillets, and cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1½ teaspoons corn starch
1 Tablespoon water
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups three pepper and onion frozen vegetable blend
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
4 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
8 lettuce leaves, stems removed
1. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
2. Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl.
3. Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet or wok over high heat.
4. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from skillet or wok. Set aside.
6. Add 1 Tablespoon oil to skillet or wok.
7. Add vegetables, garlic and ginger. Cook 2 minutes.
8. Add chicken, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch and water mixture. Cook 2 minutes.
9. Serve ¼ cup chicken filling wrapped in lettuce leaves.