Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
One bite of our tender chicken, sweet pineapple and smoky bacon and you’ll become an instant fan.
8 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders , each cut into 3 pieces
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 slices of thick cut bacon
1 red onion, diced to 1½”x 2” (24 pieces)
24 fresh pineapple chunks
8 (10-inch) wooden or metal skewers
1. In a small bowl mix the ranch dressing, salt, and black pepper together. Add chicken and mix to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes. Drain.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Coat the rack with vegetable spray. Set aside.
5. Thread the end portion of one strip of bacon onto the skewer so the rest of the strip is hanging down. Then skewer in the following order: onion, chicken, pineapple, then the bacon letting the rest of the strip hang down. Repeat this process two more times to complete the skewer. Prepare the remaining seven skewers.
6. Place skewers on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
7. TIP: Do you ever poke your fingers while making kabobs? Try using an onion to keep the kabob steady!