Coconut Crusted Chicken Wings
Nothing short of a tropical flavor vacation. Prefer chicken tenders? Sprinkle the coconut coating on your favorite cut to suit your tastes.
24 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Party Wings
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup sweetened coconut, pulsed in food processor until finely chopped
2 large egg whites
1/3 cup corn starch
1 tablespoon Caribbean adobo seasoning
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a metal sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with vegetable spray. Set aside.
3. In a shallow pan, mix the panko bread crumbs and coconut together. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites lightly to make an egg wash.
5. To set up a breading station, place corn starch and egg wash each in a shallow pan next to the panko bread crumbs.
6. Season chicken with Caribbean adobo seasoning.
7. Dredge chicken in corn starch, dip into egg whites and coat in bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on rack. Spray with vegetable oil.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, turn wings over and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 190°F or until the juices run clear.