Coconut Crusted Chicken Wings
Nothing short of a tropical flavor vacation. Prefer tenders? Sprinkle the coconut coating on your favorite cut to suit your tastes.
- 24 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Wingettes, wing drummettes and wing portions
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup sweetened coconut, pulsed in food processor until finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean adobo seasoning
- vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a metal sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with vegetable spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow pan, mix the panko bread crumbs and coconut together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites lightly to make an egg wash.
- To set up a breading station, place corn starch and egg wash each in a shallow pan next to the panko bread crumbs.
- Season chicken with Caribbean adobo seasoning.
- Dredge chicken in corn starch, dip into egg whites and coat in bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on rack. Spray with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn wings over and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 190°F or until the juices run clear.
Alexa, enable Sanderson Farms
Alexa, ask Sanderson Farms for the Coconut Crusted Chicken Wings recipe.