Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders with Comeback Sauce
Own the tailgate with chicken tenders breaded to crispy perfection in saltine cracker crumbs with a hint of cayenne pepper, fried and served with homemade Comeback sauce for the whole team to enjoy.
8 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders, cut in half at an angle to make 16 chicken tender pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups self-rising flour, divided
6 large eggs, whisked
2 sleeves of saltine crackers, finely crushed
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup grated onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
Chicken Tender Directions
1. Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
2. To set up the breading station, place 2 cups of self-rising flour in the first pan, eggs in the second pan, and a mixture of 1 cup of self-rising flour, the crushed crackers, and the cayenne pepper in the third pan.
3. Place oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven and heat on medium high heat to 350°F.
4. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, followed by the eggs, and then into the flour/cracker crumb mixture.
5. Cooking in batches, fry chicken for 6 minutes, turning after 3 minutes. Cook chicken until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Comeback Sauce Directions
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together and chill.
2. Use as a dipping sauce for the Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders.
To prepare with an air fryer
3. Heat Air Fryer to 400°F.
4. After dredging the chicken tender pieces in the flour/cracker crumb mixture, spray air fryer rack with vegetable spray, place 8 chicken pieces in the air fryer basket without overlapping and spray each chicken piece with vegetable spray.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, flip the chicken and spray the other side with vegetable oil. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Continue to cook the remaining 8 chicken tender pieces in a second batch.
7. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.