Red Chicken Chili
A hearty and healthy staple that’s great for everything from weeknights to tailgates. Try it with cornbread or tortilla chips.
- 2 Sanderson Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions, ¼” diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper, ¼”
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper, ¼”
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper, ¼”
- 2-28 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1-15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-16 ounce can of chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-16 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Place chicken and water in a 5-quart pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduced to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes. Drain water from the pot. Cool and shred chicken into pieces.
- In the same pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chopped bell peppers, spices and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes. Remove lid and simmer uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and beans. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips.
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|