Sesame Chicken Nuggets With Plum Sauce
Need a new chicken nugget recipe? Put Sesame Chicken Nuggets on the table in just 40 minutes. Then dip them in a sweet and tangy plum sauce – always a hit.
1 cup milk
1 large egg
½ cup water
2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
3 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 cup red plum jam
1 Tablespoon horseradish
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
2. Mix the milk, egg and water in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
4. In a 12" x 2" deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
5. Dip chicken into milk mixture and then coat with flour mixture.
6. Fry chicken nuggets in two batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F.
7. Combine red plum jam, horseradish, mustard and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
8. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
9. Serve with cooked chicken.